Well, we picked up my daughter’s wedding dress today. I was very blessed to be able to barter for the dress and the alterations. It was such a delight and the dress is gorgeous and fits Hannah’s personality perfectly.
Lovely. Elegant. Simple yet gently adorned.
She tried it on with her shoes and jewelry for me and 2 of her sisters (sorry Elizabeth, but you were gone). Now it is hanging in what passes for my closet.
Also, her flowers came in today. A friend helped her order artificial flowers – they are very lovely.
Hard to believe that in less than a month my baby will be getting married. It seems like only yesterday:
- when she wrote her first play (age 4) with Mary, Joseph, Jesus, Daniel and a witch
- or was cutting up out magazine models to make more paper dolls
- or organizing her siblings to put on another play
- or swinging in the orange swing in our ND tree
- or learning how to roll a ball out on the lawn as we wait for Airforce 1 and President Reagan to land at Purdue
- or getting her glasses at age 5
- or at 22 months was learning not to pick her baby brother up by his neck
Time has gone by much too quickly.
I’m so very excited for this new adventure in her life, but I also miss the baby girl God blessed me with. Now we enter new joys, new journeys with God and her sweet husband-to-be.
Thanks, Lord, for the adventure!
Blogs I might be linking to:
Menu Planning Monday, On The Menu Monday, Erin Branscoms, Mommy Mondays, Marital Oneness, The Better Mom, Multitudes on Monday, Hear it On Sunday, Sharing His Bounty, What Joy Is Mine, Playdates at the Well, Making Your Home Sing Mondays, Domestically Divine Tuesdays, Time Warp Wife, Funky Planet Frequent Flier Club, Encourage One Another, Walking Redeemed, A Wise Woman Builds Her House, The Welcoming House, Legacy Leaver Thursday, What’s Up Wednesday, Thought Provoking Thursday, Hearts 4 Home, Thankful Thursday, Thankful Thursdays, Thankful, Thankful Thursday Brown-eyed Bell(e), Big Family Fridays, Faith Filled Fridays, Feasting In Fellowship Friday, Fellowship Friday, Homemaking Link-up Week-end, A Little R&R, Pieces of Amy, Homeschool Mother’s Journal, TGIF Bible Love Notes