Today is no holiday for me. No anniversary, no birthday, no day of remembrance. But there are just some days when I’m OVERFLOWING with bubbly love for my husband I just have to SHOUT IT OUT!!!
- from the day we got married, lifts the covers when I come back to bed in the middle of the night (when he’s fast asleep)
- has a lilt in his voice when he hears mine
- sleeps through my children crying in his face but awakens to my whispering his name
- winks at me and my heart melts
- shows his love to me by giving me opportunities to do things
- is very easy to please
- is not demanding at all
- thinks that I am a very easy wife to live with
- finds me MORE attractive (8 babies and many pounds later) than when we first got married
- is the most supportive person IN MY LIFE
- values my spiritual input
- doesn’t get irritated at my aging brain mis-fires
- is a wonderful, caring, loving and gentle man to me
I could go on and on, but you get the point. There are some days when I think of him and he takes my breath away — I LITERALLY gasp at how much I love him, how BLESSED I am to have him in my life.
These past 27 years have made me BETTER because of Kevin in my life.
Haven’t we had our struggles? Sure we have. But we have never once, no, not ONCE, considered life without one another. Our commitment and our deep love and respect for one another have held us together like glue. And as the Lord has walked us through our trials, we’ve seen one another there, supporting and loving each other through the hard times.
So today, I’m thankful for my darling, handsome and sexy husband. And each day together I continue to look forward to growing old with him, knowing that he is more attractive in my eyes than he was when he was 22. And he was gorgeous then!!