Short post today. So very much to be thankful for. But most on my heart is how very thankful I am that my husband chose ME to love and marry. There were several other gals who “had a case for him”, but he picked ME. I’ll never never understand why. I’m not beautiful, I’m not organized or creative, I’m rather ordinary, I’m bald and quite short. But he fell in love with ME and asked me to marry him.
And I’m thankful that these past 27 years he has continued to faithfully love me.
- in the crowd of our family, all I have to do is whisper his name and he hears me and becomes attentive to me
- I come near him and he opens his arms to let me in
- I get in bed at night and , often even if he’s sleeping, he’ll lift the covers to welcome me near him
- he laughs at my jokes even after all these years
- he’ll always set aside the time I need to be with him if I need to talk, no matter how tired or busy he is
Today I’m thankful for Kevin and for our marriage. I love him so desperately. More today than 27 years ago. I love that my life is wrapped up in his and that, through God’s design, we complete one another.
Your words are absolutely beautiful! GOD is so amazing! HIS heavenly design. Thank you for teaching what is good! I love to hear women loving and honoring their husbands. Praise the LORD! o/ Abundant blessings to you and your family. <3
Thanks Vanessa. I agree with you…hearing about women honoring and loving their husbands is SUCH an encouragement!! Thanks for stopping by. Hope I get to know you better!
Congrats on 27 years, happy anniversary. My husband and I will celebrate 27 years of marriage on April 6th.
Such a sweet post, you have so many blessings in your husband! My wonderful husband is definitely a gift from God.
Have a great day!