Well, our weather has FINALLY turned to spring! This hasn’t been a terrible winter at all. It wasn’t particularly cold. We didn’t have an abnormal amount of snow. It just kept teasing for spring only to have winter roll over, shake the covers and lie back down.
But here we are…it has been in the 40s and even 50s for the past few days and that means Spring Cleaning!
Every year we do inside spring cleaning differently, depending on my time and energy levels. Today I’m writing about spring cleaning the OUTSIDE. These are the projects we have going on this week:
- cleaning up the yard in general (a trash bag got left outside for a couple of days in the snow and was gotten into by an animal – so we’ve been hunting down bags and papers all over the yard that got blown around)
- cleaning out the shed and putting all winter toys/tools into the basement – our shed is very small and our space is very limited
- raking out the flower beds, cutting down the random trees that end up growing among the lilacs and hostas
- making 3 raised beds (two 8×4 and one 8×2) and getting them filled and ready for planting in 2 weeks
- fill in a hole left by the rotting of an old tree root – we have a small mound of dirt in the back that we’ll use
- clean out the gas grill and get it ready for grilling
What are the spring cleaning projects YOU have for your outside?
Blogs I might be linking to:
Menu Planning Monday, On The Menu Monday, Erin Branscoms, Marital Oneness, The Better Mom, Multitudes on Monday, Hear it On Sunday, Sharing His Bounty, What Joy Is Mine, Playdates at the Well, Domestically Divine Tuesdays, Time Warp Wife, Funky Planet Frequent Flier Club, Encourage One Another, The Welcoming House, Legacy Leaver Thursday, What’s Up Wednesday, Thought Provoking Thursday, Hearts 4 Home, Thankful Thursday, Thankful Thursdays, Thankful, Thankful Thursday Brown-eyed Bell(e), Big Family Fridays, Faith Filled Fridays, Feasting In Fellowship Friday, Fellowship Friday, Homemaking Link-up Week-end, A Little R&R, Pieces of Amy