What a goal! To have 1 full year of working to simplify life – think about it! Well I did and this is WHY I am focusing 2014 on simplifying.
Of course the idea of simplifying life can, in itself, become complicated. So after prayer, the Lord has helped me to set realistic boundaries for this year of Simplified Life. I could have chosen to simply my homeschooling, my blogging, my family, my housework, and the list could have gone on and on. But since that would defeat the object for me, the Lord pressed 2 things on me.
2 years ago I was on a very good path to better health. In fact, my goals of fitness internally was reached: blood sugar levels were good, cholesterol was good, blood pressure and heart rates were good. But then a bout of episodes that seemed like seizures landed me in the hospital and on some pretty awful drugs. Once we finally got that straightened out (by my wonderful chiropractor), I had completely changed course in my health. I’ve been on a downward spiral ever since.
I am in the process of praying how, specifically, to simplify in this area, but it will come down to very basic eating (and I will NOT be imbibing in the motto that variety is the spice of life) with very basic and regular choices. I will also be re-incorporating more regularity in my exercise schedule.
I am not a gal of routine, but neither is my life a whirlwind of activity. However, I feel that the Lord is showing me that routine CAN and WILL become my friend in 2014! In the coming months I will be sharing very specific things as I work on them and as the Lord reveals more defined goals to me. But know that Simplified Health is on the menu for the coming year. I’ll be sharing details and photos of my goals and progress.
Now I know that this sounds like a tall order, and looking at our home, that is an understatement. But I am convinced that simplifying my home will lead to greater opportunities for ministry and service 2014 and the years to come.
Our family is a family of PACK RATS! And with 9 of us still living here, that can become a lot of packs! We are not in any type of financial shape to remodel (although our house is desperately calling for it) but there are some things that need to be fixed and some definite things that need to be decluttered. As I Simplify Home, my goal is to get our home in an easy and more minimalistic style that will not have us bound to things.
I would like to say that we are not a family others would consider materialistic. We don’t have a lot of things and nothing that we have (except for a laptop or two) is new. Our furniture, our appliances, our vehicles, our clothes are pretty much all hand-me-downs from others. BUT we still hoard, and THAT has to change.
Follow me or join in!
I would love for you to follow me in my journey as I seek a more Simplified Life and the freedom God brings along the way. Be sure and subcribe to my posts to your inbox or subscribe to my newsletter in the sidebar on the right. If any of you want to join in with me, you might want to also follow a group of other bloggers who are united in this project and follow us on Pinterest and share your pins from your own Simplified Life posts!
- LaToya @ Learning to Let HIM Lead: simplifying home, time, blogging/writing, homeschool, bible study
- Christin @ Joyful Mothering: simplifying home, time, food, homeschool
- Joanie @ Simple Living Mama: simplifying schedules, home, meals
- Zohary @ Zohary Ross: simplifying health, home, time, and faith
- Tammy @ SkipperClan: simplifying home, time, meals and more
- Jamie @ Brown Paper and Strings: simplifying home, health, and heart
- Stephanie @ Everday Family Living: simplifying home, food and finances
- Crystal @ Serving Joyfully: simplifying health and time
- KM @ KM Logan: simplifying home, time and money
- Brittany @ Moms of Purpose: simplifying work/life balance, parenting, health/beauty and home
- Marlene @ A Diligent Heart: simplifying home, time, food/meals, homeschool, health/fitness
- Janelle @ Queen of the House of Boys: simplifying home, health, time management, family
May the Lord be glorified as we simplify in 2014!
Linking to any number of these lovely blogs.