This is a week that Americans give thanks. Unfortunately, it is too often a time that we get caught up in stress – the stress of the beginning of a busy holiday season. As we sit down with loved ones (and some times not so loved ones) and enjoy the bounty God has provided, let us each spend some time giving thanks to the One who gave us the Greatest Gift.
I am thankful for so many things.
- a wonderful husband who loves and cherishes me as God has called him to
- great and loving children who enjoy being part of our quirky family
- terrific and very caring & giving siblings and in-laws, nieces & nephews
- a loving church family
- shelter and food
- jobs and provision
- laughter and love to fill my life with excitement and joy
- humor to see God’s delight in every step of the journey
And, of course, all of these things are gifts from my precious Lord.
His love is made manifest in my life through these sweet blessings every day.
His grace is poured out with blessings beyond my imagination.
His salvation is given freely so that I may join the heavenly throng in singing His praises.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!