- 2 28 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 28 oz cans tomato puree
- 1 5 oz can tomato puree
- 1 TBS oregano
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic crushed, then chopped
- 1 pound ground beef you can use 1/2 beef & 1/2 pork if you prefer
- 1/2 c Italian bread crumbs or more as need to bind together
- 1 egg
- 1 T oregano
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic crushed, not chopped
Making the Sauce
- Put all in a large pot, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour (or longer). Stir often to avoid burning.
- Mix ingredients together by hand
- Roll into walnut sized balls, roll in flour and drop into bubbling sauce. Partially cover (to help prevent spatters) and cook 3-4 hours, stirring frequently to help prevent burning.
- Sauce thickens overnight and is often better the next day as the spices heat it up.
- Serve with al dente angel hair pasta.