Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones, And give thanks to His holy name. Ps 30:4
God chose to reveal Himself to us by His names. Throughout history, He has revealed the following about Himself.
- Elohim – God as Creator
- El Elyon – God Most High
- El Roi – God Who Sees
- El Shaddai – All-Sufficient One
- Adonai – The Lord
- Jehovah – The Self-existent One
- Jehovah-Jireh – The Lord Will Provide
- Jehovah-Rapha – The Lord Who Heals
- Jehovah-Nissi – The Lord is My Banner
- Jehovah-Mekoddishkem – The Lord Who Sanctifies You
- Jehovah Shalom – The Lord Is Peace
- Jehovah Sabaoth – The Lord of Hosts
- Jehovah Ra’ah – The Lord is My Shepherd
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu – The Lord Our Righteousness
- Jehovah-Shammah – The Lord is There
- Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh – I Am That I Am
God, I give THANKS to You that You have revealed Yourself to us through Your name. You speak to our hearts and fill us with the knowledge of Your character by Your names. You are the One who meets every need we will ever have. You are the One who fills the longing of our souls, down to our very core – and You fill it with Yourself.
Thank You, Lord, that You take Your very nature and package it into names that we can understand. It never diminishes You, but it expands OUR understanding to take in the bits and pieces of You that our puny minds can grasp. Thank You for the crack You open to Your heart, mind and Spirit so that we can know You in some small but very real way! Lord I give thanks to Your holy name!
Blogs I might be linking to:
Menu Planning Monday, On The Menu Monday, Erin Branscoms, Marital Oneness, The Better Mom, Multitudes on Monday, Hear it On Sunday, Sharing His Bounty, What Joy Is Mine, Playdates at the Well, Back to School Monday, Domestically Divine Tuesdays, Time Warp Wife, Funky Planet Frequent Flier Club, Encourage One Another, Living Well Wednesdays, Legacy Leaver Thursday, What’s Up Wednesday, Raising Homemakers, Thought Provoking Thursday, Hearts 4 Home, Thankful Thursday, Raising Mighty Arrows Thursdays, First Day of My Life , Thankful Thursdays, Thankful, Thankful Thursday Brown-eyed Bell(e), Big Family Fridays, Faith Filled Fridays, Feasting In Fellowship Friday, Homemaking Link-up Week-end