These are the best chocolate chip cookies (when using sugar and flour) that I’ve ever tasted!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled (but still liquid)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c walnuts optional, but I love nuts in cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Ungreased cookie sheets or line with parchment paper (the parchment paper helps keep them from burning, so is my recommended choice).
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.