Praying our children surpass us.
It is in our nature to want better things for our children than we had for ourselves. We desire they have:
- more opportunities
- greater spiritual strength & maturity
- deeper faith
- superior wisdom and insight in the Lord
I have the opportunity to watch one of my children, my youngest daughter, experience just this. Elizabeth is traveling today to Haiti to spend the next 3 months loving orphans. She will be hugging, rocking, holding, cuddling and loving babies who have been orphaned in the poverty of Haiti.
I am so very excited for her and blessed by her heart. To spend these 3 months being the hands and feet of Jesus, to love these babies into the Kingdom is more than I ever did at 20 years old (having just gotten saved). She goes with a passionate heart for the Lord and with the hope for greater spiritual growth. Her prayer is to walk more fully into the presence of the Lord each day!
I will be praying for:
- spiritual strength – wisdom and growth as she walks deeper with Him
- physical strength – protection and grace for heat
- emotional strength – to be renewed in the Lord so she can give abundantly without being worn out
I would love to have you join me in prayer for Elizabeth.
And now, here is my menu for the week in my Menu Planning Monday. Please feel free to download my FREE, fully editable, Month at a Glance menu planner, my Weekly Menu Planner and my new Snacks planner.