Well, in one sense, I never really believed this phase would come. When you spend 26 years: pregnant or nursing or potty training or teaching to read or ride a bike or disicipling or helping through puberty or working on college admission…you really don’t think of the FINALITY of your tasks!
But yes, my eldest daughter is engaged!
Her fiance is a lovely young man and we are very excited for her. But where did those years go? My husband has been ready for this phase of life for a long time but I am just getting over the fact that my baby-making years are done. How can this be?
Please know I am so delighted for my daughter, her life and her being off on her own. I’m delighted that she calls me to talk things through. I’m delighted that her close council of friends are godly women who really love the Lord. I’m delighted that she and her fiance have a very strong spiritual walk together.
I’m just shocked at the fact that time is passing – and very rapidly it seems!
I miss my little girl who:
- talked about “packidabs” at the age of 2 (we never did figure out what those were)
- began reading at age 4 all by herself
- wrote her first play at age 5 about Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Daniel and a witch
- almost missed her 8th birthday because she was in her room getting some things ready for a game
- was afraid a finger stick at the doctor would remove all her blood from her body
- hid candy in her room thinking I’d never see
- called her brother “diaper-head” as the worst Bad Name she could think of
- taught her siblings how much fun it was to overdub movies and record them
- had such fun playing with a message from her youth pastor by cutting out most of his message and leaving bizarre and hilarious results
- was a serious introvert surrounded by a family of 10
I’m very glad I get to send her off with a young man who loves her dearly and understands her more deeply than almost anyone else.
Rejoice with me and pray for me in this new season I enter.
Blogs I might be linking to:
Menu Planning Monday, On The Menu Monday, Erin Branscoms, Marital Oneness, The Better Mom, Multitudes on Monday, Hear it On Sunday, Sharing His Bounty, What Joy Is Mine, Playdates at the Well, Back to School Monday, Domestically Divine Tuesdays, Time Warp Wife, Funky Planet Frequent Flier Club, Encourage One Another, Living Well Wednesdays, Legacy Leaver Thursday, What’s Up Wednesday, Thought Provoking Thursday, Hearts 4 Home, Thankful Thursday, First Day of My Life , Thankful Thursdays, Thankful, Thankful Thursday Brown-eyed Bell(e), Big Family Fridays, Faith Filled Fridays, Feasting In Fellowship Friday, Homemaking Link-up Week-end, A Little R&R